Personal Finance Manager
- Builds on top of the ledger double entry accounting tool.
- Your financial data never leaves your system.
- The journal and configuration information are stored in plain text files that can be easily version controlled. You can collaborate with others by giving access to the files.
- Track the latest market price of your Mutual Fund, NPS Fund and Stock holdings.
- Track and budget your Expenses.
- Convert CSV, Excel and PDF files to Ledger journal.
- Calculate your taxes, emis, etc using sheets.
- Track your goals.
- View your recurring transactions and credit card bills.
- Plan your retirement.
- And many more visualizations to help you make any financial decisions.
All your financial data is stored in plain text files. Of course, we will not ask you to draw a picture on blank canvas. We provide enough guard rails to make data entry easy and error free. The editor comes with syntax highlighting, auto completion, error checking and auto formatting.
Budget and Expenses¶
Paisa allows you to track your expenses at the granularity of your choice. You can customize the categories and subcategories to suit your needs, even icon is customizable. If you are tight on money, don't worry, paisa got you covered. You can set a budget for each category and make sure you don't overspend.
You don't have to sit and manually enter all your transactions. You can get the account statements from your bank or credit card provider and import them into paisa. Paisa import system is flexible enough to handle most of the formats out there in the wild. Once you setup the import template, it will hardly take 5 minutes to import and categorize all your transactions each month.
Want to know how much you need to save for your next vacation? or how long it will take to buy a new car? Paisa can help you with planning and tracking your goals. If you know how much you can afford to save each month, paisa can tell you when you can achieve your goal. On the other hand, if you have a deadline, paisa can tell you how much you need to save each month to achieve your goal.
Paisa can help you track your recurring transactions like rent, emi, credit card bills, etc. The calendar view will show you all the bills that are due in the current month. You can set the recurring period of the transaction, which is flexible enough to handle any kind of schedule like weekly, monthly, quarterly, last day of the month, last day of the quarter, etc.